Join prolific West Australian artist Brenton See for this native bird painting workshop at the beautiful Hippocrocaduck basement studio on Hannan St!
Brenton will take you through some of the techniques he uses to create his striking canvases and murals, and at the end of the day you will walk away with your own painted canvas.
Some of the topics covered in the workshop:
- Choosing the right reference image to paint (lighting and shadow).
- Gridding & enlarging.
- Transferring using graphite transfer paper.
- Choosing a background colour.
- Putting down a mid-tone base layer colour.
- Adding whites and blacks to create light and shadow.
- Creating feather textures.
- Creating a rounded surface effect for branches.
- Drop shadows.
- Abstract backgrounds.
We will supply
- Your A4 Canvas
- Reference photos
- A kit of brushes for you to keep
- Painting supplies
Please Bring your own:
- Packed lunch (lunchbreak at 1pm)
- Pencil, Eraser & sharpener
- A3 sketchbook (if desired)
Is there a minimum age requirement for this workshop?
We are accepting workshop participants from artists 15 years of age and up.
Is this workshop suitable for a beginner?
Previous painting experience is desirable, but not essential.
Is there disabled access at this venue?
Unfortunately the venue is only accessible by stairs.